Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
First time using Capture. Is it possible to record the equalized/processed channels, or just the raw channels?
I realize if I am using StudioOne to mix, it will pull my Fat Channel settings back up, but for the time being, and for many reasons, I am using a different program to mix. But I want to record the tracks with some of my eq and compression from the Fat Channel.
I may be missing something simple. Any help?
by mwright137 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:38 pm
Which mixer are you using? There should be a setting on whether you send the signal to the digital output before or after the FAT channel.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by SwitchBack on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:35 am
Must be one of the StudioLive AI mixers for StudioOne to pull up the FAT settings. So setting 'Dig Out Post EQ&Dyn' to ON on all channels you want to track with FAT settings should do the trick. No way back tho...
by J C FL on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:40 am
It's an RM 32. Thanks so much for the help!
by SwitchBack on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:44 am
Slightly different on the RMs. There you want to set the channels to 'Post Send' (option under the channel cogwheel).
by mwright137 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:55 pm
You can record the processed signal on any of the StudioLive mixers. That's what I thought the OP was trying to do. You just go about doing it slightly differently depending on the model if I remember correctly.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by smeiman on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:46 pm
Hey Y'All! Got some information that I just discovered that may shed some light. I "accidently on purpose" enabled the "DIG OUT EQ&DYN" on all channels on my 32 Ai. Was very careful to set the gain on the inputs and recorded the performance. In the playback mode the DYN&EQ gave me an additional 6+ db on my gain and WOW! clipping and distortion all over the place. And there is no way to clean it up. Ruined a bunch of really good work recording live performances. Just be careful.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1