Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
If I copy tracks from capture to card and try to play back from the card it only plays about 10 seconds then nothing.
by wahlerstudios on Wed May 27, 2020 1:48 pm
You might have noticed that Capture has an export function for SD Cards, which indicates that a "copy & play" does not belong to the indended ways of using SD Cards. Unfortunately the manuals are not really clear about this. The Owners Manuals says "Capture sessions recorded in Capture 3.0 on a computer using the USB audio interface can be loaded onto an SD Card for playback later", but it isn't really explained that the SC Card needs the Artist - Performance - Location structure to be able to play tracks.

There is a simple trick. When you have made a recording on SD Card, examine the file structure and how the tracks are named. If you reconstruct this file structure with files from Capture on a computer, the tracks will play as you expect.

I have heard about the 10 seconds before and it seems to be so that the latest version of Capture has a bug. I am using an earlier version and do NOT see the problem of shortened tracks.

Attachments
SD_Card.jpg
by matthewgorman on Wed May 27, 2020 2:46 pm
Or, you could playback the capture file from the pc, while recording it to the sd card. Use the virtual soundcheck to stream back to usb inout on the mixer, and set the channels needed to record to an sd card session.

Make sure that capture, uc, and mixer firmware are all current, same version. Using a mixed bag of different firmware and app versions will cause problems

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by maxvale on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:25 am
Having the same problem of export to sd 10 sec audio then mute waiting for a new version, I arranged it. I had to download the capture version 3.0.3.54970 the only one for catalina that you export correctly. Unfortunately with this version I lose some pieces of audio being recorded, that is if a file was formed by an adio where one says abcd is lost for example b but not leaves holes reads acd. so I have to register with version 3.0.3 57677 and export with version 3.0.3.54970 and so it works. Studio 32 s s3 firmware 2.3.016845 univ.cont. v.3.3.0.59348 Mac Book pro 15 2017 catalina 10.15.6. With the latest version of Capture I also noticed a significant increase in temperature of the Mac so as to have to run it with the fans at the max thing that it does not with the previous version mentioned.
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:48 pm
For PCs/Laptops the recommendation is to go back to Capture v3.0.1.53214, whích is the last version without the 10 seconds bug.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1