Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am an imbecile, and must be missing something very basic.

Please help.

I've just set up my RM16-AI, and installed UC and Capture on my MacBook.

The mixer seems to be operating nicely, and a quick test recording with Capture was accomplished without problems.

Problem is, when I play back the recorded tracks in Capture, I get no sound through the speakers or headphones connected to the mixer.

Isn't the Firewire connection between the mixer and Capture supposed to operate in both directions?

Is this a routing issue that I need to set up somehow to alert the mixer that input is coming from Capture?
by FinalSaga on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:09 am
Hey David

Yes you will have to activate the Firewire returns on your mixer
Select channel 1 > click that little 'i' top left > then Mic input > select 'Digital'
That enables playback from the computer to that channel
Change it to digital on all the channels you want your computer to play back through
Analog for recording, Digital for playback

Hope this helps
Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
:)
by salvadoredelle on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:17 am
set up a scene and name it "FW PlayBack" just as Final sage suggests and save it so when you do record a session all you do is recall that scene and BAM! there is is ready to go.

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by DavidF on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:39 am
Hooray, that did the trick.

Thanks so much, guys.

David
by roysullivan on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:07 pm
FinalSaga wroteHey David

Yes you will have to activate the Firewire returns on your mixer
Select channel 1 > click that little 'i' top left > then Mic input > select 'Digital'
That enables playback from the computer to that channel
Change it to digital on all the channels you want your computer to play back through
Analog for recording, Digital for playback

Hope this helps
Ch33rs
Saga

With Capture 2 and a Presonus AR12 USB, there is no "i". I can only hear the entire mix back through ch 12/13. How do I playback only one track?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1