Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have seen some old messages about this, but none of the previous solutions works for me.

I have an AR16. I can record individual tracks in Studio One. I have previously recorded multiple tracks with Capture, and not deliberately changed anything.

I have downloaded the latest versions of Capture and the driver for the AR16. I've switched the AR16 off and on, and rebooted the system - but no change.

At the bottom of the Capture window the default device is StudioLive AR, and also in the Options window.

In Windows Setting AR16 is the default sound device for recording and playback. Playback works ok. Recording in Studio One works ok, only thing that doesn't work is Capture.

Any ideas? Thanks
by matty6strings on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:12 pm
In the past I have found myself to be in a blazing hurry during set up and found the same message due to improper configurations. Try reading this first:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... ereo-mean-

Good luck!

15" MacBook Pro mid 2012, El Capitan, 4gig DDR3 ram, 500 Gig plus External 3 TB HD.
Presonus RM32ai, current Firmware, Current UC, Current Capture
Logic Pro9
Kemper Profiler amp user here!! :)
by matthewgorman on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:59 pm
John, I suggest a support ticket so that the information gets to the right folks. You can put a link to this post in the comments section. Sounds like something may be broken in the latest release. I am thinking it is a Capture issue since multitrack is working in Studio One. Is that correct?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by gabrielegrano on Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:24 am
Io ho installato AUDIOBOX iTWO su windows 10 64-bit e funziona con STUDIO ONE 4;
Purtroppo non funziona con CAPTURE 3; infatti seleziona WINDOWS AUDIO per default ma nell'elenco dei dispositivi NON ESISTE AUDIOBOX iTWO
Qualcuno ha problema simile?
by SwitchBack on Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:42 am
First of all check your usb connection. With a poor cable/connection the computer may be able to detect the mixer/interface but not get a good enough audio connection.

Then make sure that the usb port you are using is usb2 speed at least, and that the hub is not shared with something like a low speed internal or external mouse or a camera. Some of your computer’s usb ports may be faster than others!

And finally make sure in Capture or Studio One that the PreSonus mixer/interface is selected.

Try that and see if the problem is gone :)
by joshuawinn on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:17 am
That message can also mean that the PreSonus device you're using isn't compatible with Capture. Capture software for desktop was designed for recording from StudioLive mixers and does not work with USB recording interfaces. That's what I was just told by Support, after wasting a day on this.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1