Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
In an effort to improve recordings with Capture, I've been trying to resolve issues identified by "Latency Monitor".

"Latency Monitor" keeps finding issues with HDAudBus.sys, ndis.sys, Wdf01000.sys, and tcpip.sys from Microsoft,
I've searched multiple web sites, and disabled all the services mentioned, but I'm still getting spikes into the red for these drivers.

"DPC Latency Checker" usually says I'm good to go, but I still get occasional drop-outs.

The laptop I'm using is powerful enough (Lenovo W530, a 4-core (8 virtual) I7, 2.7 GHz, 24 GB memory).

I've updated everything I could, but I am still getting spikes in these monitors.

Any thoughts on this?

Sal

SL16.4.2Ai, SL312Ai mains, SL18Ai sub, Yorkville M810 Powered Mixed, Lenovo W530 Laptop (i-7 4-core @ 2.7 GHz, 24 GB RAM, 7200 rpm hard drive, 2-nd SSD, Win7 Pro 64 bit), Linksys WRT54GS router, Studio One Pro 3.2, Presonus Fader Port, HP-60 headphone amp, Furman PL-Plus power strip, all in a rolling SKB 2-piece case with A/V shelf.
by ronron3 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:45 am
which version of windows and capture do you have ? I had the same problem , windows 1703 , capture. 2.3.2 . I went back to windows 1607 . About UC : I have block size set to 1024 , safe mode set to 3 , then send it to background . If I use UC while recording on this pc I get spikes and dropouts . These spikes and dropouts did not accur in capture 2.2.2, but 2.3.2 seems more stable especially with very long recordings , don't dare to try windows 1703 for the moment... See my previous post
Hope this helps
by volksware on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:46 am
I'm still on Win 7,SP1. Capture is version 2.3.2.

Is Win 10 better for recording?

But my problem seems to be from the drivers identified by Latency Monitor: HDAudBus.sys, ndis.sys, Wdf01000.sys, and tcpip.sys. My guess is if can tame the above drivers somehow, most of my recording issues will disappear.

Any thoughts?

Sal

SL16.4.2Ai, SL312Ai mains, SL18Ai sub, Yorkville M810 Powered Mixed, Lenovo W530 Laptop (i-7 4-core @ 2.7 GHz, 24 GB RAM, 7200 rpm hard drive, 2-nd SSD, Win7 Pro 64 bit), Linksys WRT54GS router, Studio One Pro 3.2, Presonus Fader Port, HP-60 headphone amp, Furman PL-Plus power strip, all in a rolling SKB 2-piece case with A/V shelf.
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:10 am
What about checking your FireWire connection (cable, cards, ports)? The FireWire ports of your SL 16.4.2.AI's option card can easily get pushed inside. There are also problems reported with FireWire400/800 cables and adapters. Start by testing another FireWire cable.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:45 am
volksware wroteIn an effort to improve recordings with Capture, I've been trying to resolve issues identified by "Latency Monitor".

"Latency Monitor" keeps finding issues with HDAudBus.sys, ndis.sys, Wdf01000.sys, and tcpip.sys from Microsoft,
I've searched multiple web sites, and disabled all the services mentioned, but I'm still getting spikes into the red for these drivers.

"DPC Latency Checker" usually says I'm good to go, but I still get occasional drop-outs.

The laptop I'm using is powerful enough (Lenovo W530, a 4-core (8 virtual) I7, 2.7 GHz, 24 GB memory).

I've updated everything I could, but I am still getting spikes in these monitors.

Any thoughts on this?

Sal

Are you using the onboard firewire on that laptop? The chip used in the Lenovo's is pretty suspect. You would be better served getting a firewire expresscard. I have been using the one I linked below for years in my Lenovo. Shop it around though. The price at the link was about $20-$30 higher than I paid.

https://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters ... d~EC1394B2

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by volksware on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:29 am
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am using the Startech EC1394B2 card, so I'm FW800 end-to-end. I've ruled out poor jack connections and bad cable possibilities.

I can't seem to resolve issues with HDAudBus.sys, ndis.sys, Wdf01000.sys, and tcpip.sys, as identified by Latency Monitor.

I've checked many sites for optimization of WIn7 for audio recording, and it has helped somewhat, but it seems that the drivers listed above are the big culprits.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas....

Sal

6 posts
Page 1 of 1