Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Has anybody tried windows 10 1703 (32bit) ?
I have an old hp 8430 laptop and an old acer , both with onboard ti firewire chip . Both are now back on win10 1607 and working fine now ,
I tried 1703 on both but they can't handle capture in the 1703 version . I tried just about everything to speed things up but all I got was excessive cpu loads and crackling sound over firewire when cpu load was higher than 70% .
With 1607 I have standard windows setup , no tweaks at all.Both pc's have to work hard ( because they are older machines with older specs ) but they get the job done without any hiccups .

Any Ideas ?
by matthewgorman on Tue May 09, 2017 7:40 am
Is that the Creators Update? I have been seeing postings of issues with that update. Stay where you are.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by ronron3 on Tue May 09, 2017 1:38 pm
Yes it was the Creators Update . I was messing around with ssd's and more memory to get the "ultimate music machine" but ended up with 2 underperforming pc's .
Last saturday I couldn't even play a simple mp3 with vlc player with the built in soundcard ,lots of stutter / hiccups . (rm32 / firewire was even worse , recording with capture was out of the question ) No fun when you are working at a funeral ceremony...

Went back to 1607 and everything is working as it should .
by matthewgorman on Tue May 09, 2017 2:25 pm
Ugh. Good thing you worked it out. Not hearing very good stories regarding that update.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by ronron3 on Thu May 11, 2017 9:44 am
I got everything working again ... but ...

I noticed when I install the newest capture version ( 2.3.2.42749 ) I get a hiccup in sound when I do something else on the pc , like simply opening the windows start menu . I invertigated this further and found out that all 2.3 versions (which also install c++ 2015 ) have this problem . I looked at cpu and memory usage : cpu is at 20% , memory is at 55 %
I'm back to 2.2.2.39252 , which doesn't have this problem . Cpu and memory usage are about the same .
I also have the newest studio one 3 installed which also installs / uses c++ 2015 , no problem there..

Anyone experiencing the same thing ?
by matthewgorman on Thu May 11, 2017 10:50 am
Sheesh. I didn't do the creators update on my system, but am also not seeing that issue on my system. I have seen where rolling back to the legacy fw driver in control panel, as we used to have to do with win 7, has worked.

You may want to grab latencymon and run that to see what the problem is, but it sounds on first glance to be fw related.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by ronron3 on Thu May 11, 2017 4:46 pm
Hi Matt , the system is back on version 1607 . I already tried latencymon but this told me everything is fine . Also tried the legacy fw driver , but nothing changes .
My lucky guess is that the onboard intel g33 video card is somehow not compatible with C++ 2015 , although that doesn't explain why studio one works without any problem .
Gonna try Uc 2.0 tomorrow , which is also C++2015 , just to see wat happens . Still had 1.8 installed because of the dodgy meters when firewire is connected ...

7 posts
Page 1 of 1