Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
RM32ai
Capture 2

Last night I opened a capture session to jam along with. I selected the Digital button in Capture and played the session back with no issues.

The Drummer shows up next and asks where all the track names went after opening his Qmix. I was like ??? I looked over at my open Capture session and all looked fine, moved over to the running UC and all track names were gone there too.

So, I shut down Capture, restarted UC and still all names are still missing. I imported a saved scene but the track names are missing from that as well. All icons are present however.

Which simple step have I missed?

Thanks everyone!

Matty

15" MacBook Pro mid 2012, El Capitan, 4gig DDR3 ram, 500 Gig plus External 3 TB HD.
Presonus RM32ai, current Firmware, Current UC, Current Capture
Logic Pro9
Kemper Profiler amp user here!! :)
by wahlerstudios on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:39 am
Usually after pressing the digital button Capture kindly asks what names shall be used (tracks or scene). If you choose tracks, UC surface will change the channel names to the track's names (or vice versa). If the digital button is still selected, it will overwrite any "other" information, so you need to de-select it before loading a scene. If a scene does not deliver the channel's names, this might be the reason - or the scene has been overwritten with no names for the channels. Things like that happen in hectic situations and scenes can also become corrupt. Another reason can be that recalling names is not activated in the settings.

Simply take time to check what is available/stored where and how to access/recall it. Any "automatic" function can cause problems, so you better not trust it. At least you need to check any information that is stored, so that you really know what you are recalling...;-)
by matty6strings on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:22 pm
thanks wahlerstudios!

I was prepared to re-assign all the track names manually and store the scene again, I just don't want to make the mistake twice. I did get a window pop up when I selected digital returns but I do not recall exactly what it said.

Probably a good time to delete all my old scenes anyway.

Cheers

15" MacBook Pro mid 2012, El Capitan, 4gig DDR3 ram, 500 Gig plus External 3 TB HD.
Presonus RM32ai, current Firmware, Current UC, Current Capture
Logic Pro9
Kemper Profiler amp user here!! :)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1