Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have used Capture 2 (Mac OS) to record our band's live shows from our Studiolive 16.4.2AI with no problem many times. The last time I used it however, our mains kept fading in an out (about every 30 seconds) and when I unplugged the firewire the mains were fine. In other words every 30 seconds there would be no mains and the only thing you could hear was our stage volume.

Does anyone know why this happened and how to prevent it from happening in the future?

Equipment;

Capture 2
Studiolive 16.4.2 AI
Mac Book Pro w/ firewire connection
by matthewgorman on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:39 am
I would spend some time troubleshooting the firewire connection. Make sure that all cables and adapters are ok. Try connecting to each firewire port on the mixer, and rule out a faulty fw jack on the mixer. It may take some time to do if the lowered volume happens over time and sporatically.

It may be a good idea to open a support ticket on the issue. TS has more tools available to troubleshoot things like this, and it may save you some time in the long run.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by SwitchBack on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:48 pm
Also, do not engage the D)) buttons on the channels. That takes Capture out of the live audio loop.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1