Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am using Capture 2 on a MacBook Pro. When trying to either open a new session or utilize sound check with an open session I keep getting an error with message : Capture can not create new sessions if the audio device is stereo. I have been trying to find where to change these settings, or determine what is meant by audio device, but with no success. Any information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Studio Live 24.4.2
Mackie DL32R
Windows 11 Rack mount PC
Studio One v. 6.1
Notion 6
by SwitchBack on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:08 am
Looks like Capture does not detect your mixer, or your MBP does not use the mixer as its audio interface. And Capture simply cannot record from the MBP's internal (stereo) audio interface.

Open 'Sound' in the MBP System Preferences and tick the PreSonus device as your default input and output device. See if that helps.
by BrianBenedict on Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:06 am
capnkurf wroteI am using Capture 2 on a MacBook Pro. When trying to either open a new session or utilize sound check with an open session I keep getting an error with message : Capture can not create new sessions if the audio device is stereo. I have been trying to find where to change these settings, or determine what is meant by audio device, but with no success. Any information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

This is happening to me as well with my Mac. Been back and forth with emails from support. still cannot get it.
by SwitchBack on Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:40 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

Capture must work with a multichannel PreSonus mixer or interface. When you try to make it work with an incompatible device like your built-in audio interface you get the "can not create new sessions if the audio device is stereo" message. So check which interface Capture is set to use.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1