Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have a Problem with Capture 2 and my RM32AI. I can connect with UC Surface without any Problems via Firewire to the RM32AI.
I can also start Capture 2 and it detects the RM32 without any Problem. But when I start a Session to record the recording does not start and I have no Signals in Capture. Also when I hit play it stays always at 00:00. Does anyone know about this problem? On my old 24.4.2 I had no problem to record a live show with the same laptop… only difference is that I know have a firewire 6 Pol to 9 Pol cable because of the new connectors on the RM32… could that be the problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
by Roberto on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:55 am
I have the same problem.
Is nobody there to answer?

Universal control perfectly manages RM32AI via firewire.
Capture starts without problems, detects rm32ai via firewire, and also manages to read the names of the tracks, but when I try to start a recording, everything is stopped. Another peculiarity: the meters do not signal any input signal, otherwise, on Universal Control there are no problems with the meters.

Please, someone answer.

FIRESTUDIO 26/26 | RM32AI
Toshiba Satellite A100 Windows 7 32bit, 4 GB RAM, Intel Centrino Duo Processor - SIIG CardBus NN-PC8312-S2
by wahlerstudios on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:29 pm
Do you use a PC or a Mac?
Do you use a FireWire 800 cable?
Are your firmware and software versions matching (RM, UC, Capture)?
Have you "zeroed out" your mixer?
Have you tried a factory reset with the option card pulled out?
Do you have FOH permission in UC Surface?
Do you "arm" the tracks you want to record?

Just a few questions... Please stay with UC Surface 1.8, if you need the metering. Check versions on the download page: https://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-RM32AI/downloads.

;-)
by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:57 pm
Maybe check the file path of where the recording is being saved, and if you have permissions in the OS to write files there, and is it a drive that can be written to at all?

Another thing to check to rule out problems. Is the RM recognized and working correctly when working in a daw? All mixers came with a copy of Studio One artist, so you could download that from your account for testing. It would rule out whether the problem is in Capture or the mixer.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Roberto on Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:11 am
wahlerstudios wroteDo you use a PC or a Mac?
Do you use a FireWire 800 cable?
;-)

This is the UC report by selecting "Setting | OHCI Info" from the menu.

Code: Select all
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit Service Pack 1 [6.1.7601]
  CPU(s):
    Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T5200  @ 1.60GHz
    Physical:  1
    Cores:     2
    Logical:   2
    L1 Cache:  32 KB   (4)
    L2 Cache:  2048 KB  (1)
  Installed RAM: 3070 MB

Microsoft 1394ohci.sys 6.1.7601.17514
  Microsoft ohci1394.sys [6.1.7600.16385] (legacy)
  Microsoft 1394bus.sys  [6.1.7600.16385] (legacy)
Looking for OHCI 1394 Host Controllers...

1:
    Vendor : (104C) Texas Instruments
    Chipset: (8025) TSB82AA2B/TSB83AA22/TSB83AA23
    Revision: 01
    Details:
        Subsysten VendorId: 14db
        Subsystem DeviceId: 702a
        Max # isoch Rx contexts: 4
        Max # isoch Tx contexts: 8
        Max 1394 Speed Capability: S800
        Support:  Compatible, no known issues.

Done.

I have a Notebook Win7 Pro 32bit 3GB Ram, the S.O. it has just been installed.
I purchased a firewire 800 card following the indications of the document "Approved Firewire chipsets for Firestudio family interfaces & StudioLive mixers
Release date: Oct 2, 2012 ", to be precise, the SIIG CardBus NN-PC8312-S2, naturally installed and working, I used the firewire 800 cable supplied with RM32AI.
I downloaded from the presonus website, "Universal Control 2.5.3" and "Capture v2.3.6.45951", I installed them.

I checked the firnware: Firmware Version SL 1.0.9244

>>Have you "zeroed out" your mixer? What do you mean?
>>Have you tried a factory reset with the option card pulled out? No, It is a fresh installation
>>Do you have FOH permission in UC Surface? Yes!
>>Do you "arm" the tracks you want to record? Yes of course.

@matthewgorman
Yes, the capture project is created in the documents folder of the current user without problems, I suppose Capture has the rights to write. To be sure, I have started Capture as an administrator, but nothing changed.

I used another recording program, using the Asio Driver of the Presonus, nothing has changed.

Toshiba Satellite A100 Windows 7 32bit, 4 GB RAM, Intel Centrino Duo Processor - SIIG CardBus NN-PC8312-S2
by wahlerstudios on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:15 am
Thanks for giving us some detailed information. I can't see any reason why your Capture refuses to work. It's one of the few programs that ALWAYS work...

There seems to be no problem with the RM32AI (did you get it new or second hand?), so the only thing to check is the option card, if it sits tight in its slot. Additionally you should try the second FireWire port, if it works. These sockets can easily get pushed inside. But if UC Surface works fine via FireWire, there seems to be no real problem.

Let's try this: Turn on your mixer and let it boot fully, then start your computer, after that start UC Surface and then Capture, but stop at the Capture starting page. If you have a working FireWire connection, you should now see a small picture of a RM32AI at the bottom, next to the right follows the correct name and then the selected Sample Rate. Capture shows what is selected on the mixer (44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96 kHz).

Then create a new session. Now all 36 tracks show up armed and ready for recording. Then go to the options menu and check the settings there. I use the settings

Audio Device: PreSonus
Device Block Size: 512 samples
Sample Rate: 48.0 kHz
Record Format: 24 Bit Wave
Pre-Record Buffer: 5 sec

Nothing should be selected under "Timeline Sync".

I have been using these settings for ages without any problem, but I am on a Mac and do not need a FireWire card. I hope this can give you some ideas how to solve the problem. I have no idea what else can be done...
by Roberto on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:29 am
@wahlerstudios

Thank you for your attention and for the answers.

What makes me crazy is the fact that there is no reason why it does not work .. in fact...

The mixer (RM32AI) is new, purchased from a retailer.
I followed to the letter what you indicated to me.
In addition, I disconnected the network so that only the FireWire connection could be seen. I have however noticed that even in the presence of both "UC" prefers the FireWire connection ...
..but nothing changed.
I took some screenshots.

2.png
Pct.2

3.png
Pct.3

4.png
Pct.4

5.png
Pct.5

6.png
Pct.6

In the Pct.5 there is what I was trying to say in my previous answer.
In channel 3 there is some signal, and it is seen from the fact that on channel "UC" the channel 3 meter is active. I have already used "Capture with a Firestide 26/26 and I was expecting to see the channel 3 meter active, in the Capture SoftWare, whether the recording was started or otherwise, but from the screenshot you can see that it is not.

I have uninstalled the drivers supplied with the firewire card and I have searched for the latest drivers, clearly, by installing them.
No changes.

There is only one strange thing.
The card drivers contain a utility (ubSwitch 1394 driver switch utility), which allows to change the drives used to manage the firewire, between the Microsoft drivers and the "Unibrain" drivers (the card drivers).

If the selected drivers are those Microsoft the mixer (RM32AI) is correctly recognized, if the Unibrain drivers are selected the operating system can not find the Presonus RM32AI drivers, in fact in the "Device Manager" the presonus with Unibrain drivers is marked as not working.

This thing is starting to be unsustainable ...

Help!!!

by Roberto on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:01 pm
Hello everyone.

I made a fresh clean installation of Win, this time at 64bit.
Before installing the FireWire Card drivers I tried to connect RM32AI with a 10pin to 4 pin firewire cable, to use the firewire present in the laptop, even with Texas Instrument controller.

This is because I remember that I previously had the S.O. 64bit and I tried to use the firewire of the laptop with at least some results. Basically Capture started recognizing the RM32AI but then stopped immediately after recording a few seconds, but it was a more dated version of Capture ...

Before installing the firewire card drivers SIIG, I tried to use Capture, which started recognizing the RM32AI but this time after it started to receive some sequences from the mixer, illuminating the Capture meters, it went into freeze.

After installing the SIIG card drivers, the behavior of Capture is the same as before.
With the Microsoft Drivers the RM32AI is recognized, but Capture does not display the signals coming from the mixer illuminating the meters on the software interface.
If I try to start the recording, Capture will not start, everything remains still, and no recording is done.

With the SIIG card drivers the RM32AI is not correctly recognized by the S.O. and remains a peripheral for which the S.O. does not find the drivers to make it work.

I do not know what to do...

Does anyone have any ideas?
At least with an old version of Capture, a few seconds of recording with the firewire of the laptop recorded it, and capture did not go in bulk. Now with the new version the situation seems to be worse.

Please, Help Me!

by fidelmartinez on Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:58 am
Did you ever get it working, I have the same problem. If you found the solution please share. Thanks

9 posts
Page 1 of 1