Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have my Dante network all set up and working like it should, switches on each end and transmission and reception works like a champ. I run UC on my network connected MacBook Pro and can adjust preamp gains on the RM16AI from the FOH, the only thing the 2442 won't do. Just perfect.

Just one thing missing. I can not get Capture 2 to show my SL2442AI on that same connected MacBook. I think that maybe I can, with some information from here, and it would be great to not need to rely on a FireWire cable and the loosy-goosey connectors and have it show up via the robust Ethercon connectors in the Dante network.

Is this hookup possible? I have tried reinstalling Capture 2 but it still only shows the computer's outputs in Capture 2 and not the 2442.

Thanks all!

Doug
by roblof on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:01 am
I think that I read that dante and capture wasn't ready for each other yet.

Most likely the problem is that the studiolive is a big hardware dongle for capture. When being run over dante then there is the problem how to verify the 'dongle'.

Maybe it's time to release capture as a free software? Cudos to presonus if they do that :D .

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by matthewgorman on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:38 am
Maybe it's time to release capture as a free software? Cudos to presonus if they do that :D .

You mean like this?

http://www.presonus.com/products/Capture/downloads

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by tourtelot on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 am
So is the only way to use Capture in my rig via FireWire? Does anyone know if Capture will work under a Dante Virtual Soundcard? Is Pro Tools my new recorder of choice with the Presonus Dante rig? Any plans for future implementation?

Lots of questions.

Doug
by roblof on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:56 am
matthewgorman wrote

You mean like this?

http://www.presonus.com/products/Capture/downloads

Not really, I mean free for any sound device. As I mentioned the studiolive mixers are the dongle for the software.

Waves TracksLive is a good free option and I think that there is some win-win for presonus if they make capture available for the general public.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by tourtelot on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:54 pm
Will TracksLive connect over Dante? Pro Tools will but it's way bulkier than I need. Capture is perfect but doesn't work in my configuration seamlessly.

Doug
by roblof on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:34 pm
tourtelot wroteWill TracksLive connect over Dante? Pro Tools will but it's way bulkier than I need. Capture is perfect but doesn't work in my configuration seamlessly.

Doug

It uses asio and coreaudio so as long as daw's work trackslive will also worrk.

by tourtelot on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:56 pm
Yep, just got Waves Live Tracks and it connects and records perfectly from my 2442 over my Dante network.

Doug

8 posts
Page 1 of 1