Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I've recorded our last two services at our church. I'm using two 16.4.2AI consoles in a master slave configuration. lead vocal is on the slave channel 1 by itself all remaining tracks are on the master console. I'm tracking using capture to a Macbook pro with 2.6ghz processor with 16gb of ram and a 500GB hard drive with 375gb available. then mixing down in Studio one.

two weeks ago all my tracks from master console were fine but the lead vocal was nothing but distortion.. this week it was just the opposite. lead vocal came through but all remaining tracks were distorted. I'm going to try and attach the lead vocal from this week and the guitar track from this week for you to hear. i had no clipping on the monitor readings while recording on the board or on capture. any help is appreciated.

forgot to mention i'm using firewire 800 to thunderbolt for my link from computer to boards.

Issues.wav
10 seconds of vocal and 5 seconds of guitar that is distorted
(4.71 MiB) Downloaded 514 times
by edcinningham on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:19 pm
I gave it a try again this sunday. I only record enabled the exact tracks being used to cut down file sizes being created. same thing happened but this time every track was distorted and useless. guess i'm going to have to buy an external drive with a thunderbolt input on it and record to that drive instead of my internal drive.
by [email protected] on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:41 pm
Did you fixed it somehow?
I have a similar problem...
by edcinningham on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:38 pm
I have not fixed this as of yet. I have yet to acquire an external hard drive to record to.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1