Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I recently purchased a 16.4.2 AI and will be recording a band's live show in a couple weeks that is also having video shot of the show. I want to use Capture to record to since it offers such an easy interface for this type of thing. On the overview tab of the product page it lists that one of the other cool tricks of Capture is to "Sync the timeline of your recording to MIDI Time Code (important when recording audio for a live video)". I was looking through the software manual last night and saw no mention of how to actually do this though. Could someone please elaborate? Thanks.
by matthewgorman on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:59 am
You would need to have a midi world clock connected to the system to be able to select it. The scenario would be for both the cameras, and the recording software pc to all be connected, and that would timestamp everything accurately.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by ryancolton on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:06 pm
Got it, thanks. That's a little advanced for what this band is trying to accomplish but I appreciate the quick answer back!
by matthewgorman on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:14 pm
Simple way to do it, old school hollywood style. On the audio side, you want a nice sharp transient, and you want to capture that on the video before filming starts. Its pretty simple after that to sync the transient to the video. Something like stick clicks in front of a mic, or like they used to use in hollywood, the chalkboard thing with the arm at the top.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Karyn on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:32 pm
If you're editing the vid with Final Cut you don't even need the clapper board type "nice sharp transient" as it will compare all the camera audio from every camera with your nicely recorded and mixed audio and auto-sync everything in one step.

It's very common in pro video editing and its filtering down to prosumer level software as well.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by matthewgorman on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:22 pm
Thanks Karyn. Was not aware.

Matt

S1Pro V5

6 posts
Page 1 of 1