Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just bought a 1 terabyte digital external drive for my MacBook Pro. What is the best way to move Capture files to the new drive and eliminate them from my hard dive to free up some space?

Presonus RM32ai, MacBook Pro/Yosemite
StudioOne Pro/ Melodyne Editor
Studio Live 24.4.2 Classic
Imac 27"/2 IPads
by SwitchBack on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:53 am
On your Mac create a new folder, move all the Capture song folders and .capture files you want to offload to that new folder, drag the new folder to your new drive and have a cup of coffee.

Note that, if this is just for archiving, you can clean up a bit first by deleting all the cache folders and content. Capture will automatically recreate the cache folder and content when you open the song.
by kgbak on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:44 pm
Thanks for the info on deleting the cache folders and content. I hadn't thought of that.

While I'm here - Does Capture record well directly to an external hard drive? I wanted to ask around before I do it for a live show.

Thanks!

PRESONUS RM32ai,
-UC Surface: v1.4.1.35113
-RM Firmware: v7049
MACBOOK PRO,
-Yosemite 10.10.5
-2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
-16GB 1867 MHz DDR3
LENOVO FLEX20,
- Windows 8
- UC Surface: v1.4.1.35113 for Windows
AIRPORT EXTREME, 6th Gen
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
Abelton 9.2.3
by matty6strings on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:51 am
yes. I have an RM32, macbook pro, 3TB external HD.

I used capture to record a friends band practice. I got 2 hours of perfect files. Set markers and exported each of the songs stems into an associated song foler then opened in Logic for edits.

Worked great.

Good luck

15" MacBook Pro mid 2012, El Capitan, 4gig DDR3 ram, 500 Gig plus External 3 TB HD.
Presonus RM32ai, current Firmware, Current UC, Current Capture
Logic Pro9
Kemper Profiler amp user here!! :)
by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:05 am
kgbak wroteThanks for the info on deleting the cache folders and content. I hadn't thought of that.

While I'm here - Does Capture record well directly to an external hard drive? I wanted to ask around before I do it for a live show.

Thanks!

Recording to any drive relies on drive speed. Its recommended to not use a drive rated less than 7200 rpm. The hard part is when buying an external drive, not many have speed ratings. May be better to get a desktop/laptop internal drive and a usb enclosure.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

5 posts
Page 1 of 1