Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone, I have purchased a 32.4.2ai and have really enjoyed it. Now I want to take it to the next level and record my gigs. I purchased a Mac Book Pro mid 2012 2.5 GHZ Intel Core i5 8 gig of ram with a 500 HD. also purchased a firewire cable 9 pin 800. Capture is installed and seems to be running correctly. My problem is laptop does not see mixer. Its like there is no firewire connectivity. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jim Oh by the way I'm a musician not a computer guy.
by -Luis- on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:09 pm
Did you install Universal Control?
by jamesmoats on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:41 pm
I'll try that. thanks.
by basmeijer on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:48 pm
I believe that is mandatory to have the driver installed. At least it is for another mixer, the RM steries.
by Skip Jones on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:46 pm
Yup! That should fix ya.

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by jamesmoats on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:27 pm
I wanna thank all for helping me. I got It up and running. Again thank you very much.
by matthewgorman on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:09 am
Maybe now you are becoming a computer guy?

Come on back if you need more help. We leave the lights on.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by donrockwell on Sat May 23, 2015 5:36 pm
I was reading through this post andI have the same problem except it's intermittent. I have recorded a couple of sessions using our 24.4.2, universal control, and capture 2. Now two weeks in a row no input is showing up when I start Capture 2. Any advise will be greatly appreciated!
by donrockwell on Sun May 24, 2015 10:13 am
Walked in this morning and did the same routine as last night and everything is working like it's supposed to... Would still love some help because I need the dependability. Thanks
by basmeijer on Mon May 25, 2015 6:20 am
Hi donrockwell,
From my experience, I am used to the fact that FireWire is not rock solid. In all the studio's and places, including my own, I occasionally experience the same, also with other brands like TC and Digidesign. As a standard procedure I restart everything and problems stay away until another time. Maybe it is moonphase related :shock: , no clue... :lol:
It is just like all computer based audio systems, once in a while there is goofiness that disappears when restarting things.
It should not appear like this every time you startup your stuff, but once a week is pretty common I guess.
by donrockwell on Sun May 31, 2015 8:40 am
Thanks basmeijer. Bummed that there's not a simple solution. I'll try swapping out a new FireWire and see if that changes anything.
by scottdeshazo on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:56 pm
Having similar problem with Mac mini late 2014 running Monterrey 12.6 . UC connecting and driver installed for Monterrey 12. Still reads Status No Driver- Unlinked. System report shows firewire 800 to thunderbolt connected but firewire ports nothing.Have a known working cable. Any suggestions?

12 posts
Page 1 of 1