3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm using Sonar Platinum connected to my FireStudio Tube and am puzzling over something I'm seeing while trying to reamp. Essentially I want to record something dry, solo it, send it out to a reamp box and into an amplifier, and record the result with a microphone.

I'm configured to use outputs 1/2 (main) to send to my monitors and send my output from sonar to hardware outputs 1/2. In sonar I see meter deflection on 1/2.

In the Presonus Universal Control (UC) mixer I'm seeing output on all outs (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, phones).

So, now the problem/question. I've got my reamp box connected to 3/4. In Sonar I route my solo-ed track to 3/4 and see deflection on those meters. I do NOT see any deflection in Universal control. Seems like I should, unless I misunderstand how UC is routing things.

Is it possible to send a specific track to a specific line out? If so, how?
Thanks in advance.
by cristofechabot on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:28 pm
Hrmn....In Studio One that would be no problem. I'm not familiar with Sonar's I/O options tho.
We do have some longtime Sonar users lurking about so, hopefully, one of those guys will chime in.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"
by MarkusHassold on Fri May 19, 2017 12:30 am
I agree with chistofechabot.

One thing you might have to consider is, that the routing of your channels only is inside the DAW-Mixer - but if 3-4 also menas to go out to 3-4 on the firestudio-Zube is up top your settings in the I/O-Settings of your DAW/Song. That is rather a Question for a Sonar-forum.

But maybe it will help to look up these basic settings first.

MacBookPro 16" M1-Max 32 GB RAM 24C-grafics 1TB, using a 32" Samsung 4K display with Presonus Quantum 2626
MacOS 14 Sonoma (always latest version)
External harddiscs Samsung T7 or Sandisc Extreme USB-C or WD-Black 3.5" - 7200 rpm on USB 3.0 (connected via OWC-TB-4-dock)

Presonus Studio One Pro 6.X (latest version);
Celemony Melodyne Studio 5; Softube Console1 MK II (always latest versions)
PreSonus Faderport 8, PreSonus Atom, Atom SQ

3 posts
Page 1 of 1