Discuss BlueTube and BlueTube DP (1st Gen), Eureka, DigiTube, TubePre, M80, MP20
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Nowhere else to sneak this question in!

The recommended Eureka vocal setting in the manual suggests a ratio setting of 6. Would that be for a sound that would require no further compression in a mix?

I definitely will not be doing my own final mixes.

Other places seem to recommend a much smaller setting, like 1.5 or, just to tame the occasional hot signal -- more in the lines of what I'm trying to accomplish.

I like the sound of the relatively high ratio setting during a performance ... but I'm a little worried I'm applying too much compression since I won't be doing the final mix and an engineer might want to compress further using tools he's familiar with.

So which ratio setting makes more sense in my situation, 1.5 or 6?
Last edited by mwright137 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MOD EDIT: The Eureka is considered "Legacy" so I moved this to that forum.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by shanabit on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:51 am
The more you compress the more you are changing the TONE. IF yo are a very powerful singer yo may need more compression.
For me I would use a lower setting and back off the mic a bit unless you are wanting that proximity effect from the mic (more bass from the mic)

Less compression while tracking is best IMO, the mixer can add how much he wants later. When tracking the goal is to not clip the mic input so gain staging is the main thing. IF you you want to change the tone of the signal, more compression will do that

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013

2 posts
Page 1 of 1