Discuss Progression - tab, notation & songwriting for guitar, bass, keyboards and drums
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am building a score from a lead sheet of Wes Montgomery playing Unit Seven. In the first A section the lead sheet has chords, rhythm, and melody. I would also like to add tab. How do I add a rhythm stave below the chords to emulate this. As it turns out this is necessary since the chord changes happen with the rhythm notation not the melody notation and its seems progression does not allow you to enter a new chord when there isn't a corresponding change in the melody notation. For example, you cannot enter 3 chords in one measure when there is a whole note in that measure. Or am I mistaken. I am a new user.
by ChrisS23 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:16 am
Hello there, there is a way around your issue - to enter 3 chords over one whole note you can enter the required beats you want the chords on, in Voice 2 in the measure. e.g. Click voice 2 in the notes palette (or Cmd/Ctrl + 2), then write a half rest and two quarter rests. Then attach the 3 chords to these notes. Then double click the bar, right click, Rests-Hide Rests.

The benefit of doing it this way is that the chords will always re-space correctly, no matter what other instruments might be playing. -Chris

Product Manager - Notion
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
http://www.presonus.com/products/notation-software
by robertachatz on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:24 am
Thanks for the tip. In the end I added another electric guitar staff without the tab. I will put rhythm slashes on that staff with the chords above the rhythm slashes.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1