Discuss Progression - tab, notation & songwriting for guitar, bass, keyboards and drums
1 post
Page 1 of 1
All,

I have some jazz midis (piano-bass-drums) that I wanted to import into Progression (and then add guitar parts later) but the piano instrument defaults to treble clef only and I cannot figure out how to get notes below G (below middle C) to display on the Bass clef. Supposedly if you input directly from keyboard to Progression it does this automatically. But there are clearly notes below G that are still being displayed as Treble voices.

I tried just opening a file cold and then using the template for piano/bass/drums. The result is the same (which is a good thing, at least) and all the instruments to go to the lines that they're supposed to, and properly marked. Is there some way to prepare the grand staff so that notes go where you want them to during the import process?

I found some settings that supposedly allow you to manipulate separate voices on a staff, but it's not clear whether this is the way to force them to go to one clef or the other. The manual vaguely mentions some process for keyboards but isn't clear whether it addresses this problem or not. (Maybe I'm reading to fast out of desperation and frustration!)

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

1 post
Page 1 of 1