Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Simple task that I just cannot find anywhere. I want to enter the note value indication over a metric modulation (i.e. eighth note = quarter note). Anyone know how to do it?
by andrslajosbrosk on Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:02 pm
I've been trying to find that feature for quite a long time... What I managed to figure out is this:
Let's say you have a song in 3/4 mainly, then you wanna change to 4/4 with "dotted crochet equals crochet" feel. I did it by setting up a tempo like this: q=200 for the 3/4 bit. Then, for the part in 4/4, I changed the tempo signature to qd=200. This way I told the software literally that the dotted crochet will have the same tempo from now on as the crochet did so far. This is a good solution for playback but looks confusing to actual humans who you may want to show your song to (like professional musicians, who this software was designed for apparently, tend to do). To solve this I just hide that tempo signature and use an actual pen to indicate the time feel after printing which is pretty medieval but that's all I can do. It'd be nice if the software at least allowed me to insert music notes into text boxes so that I can go around this issue but that's not possible either at this moment.... But hey, it's still better then a lot of other notation software out there...

2 posts
Page 1 of 1