Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I'm a Notion newbie. I come from the Sibelius world, and purchased Notion for my iPad, since Sibelius doesnt support editing on that platform. So I've exported/imported a few scores via MusicXML, and that's great.

However, since screen real estate is at a premium on an iPad, naturally, I'd like to find out a way to hide empty measures/staves. This is simple on Sibelius: I'd just select the whole score, then click "Hide Empty Staves". Sib is smart enough to know to hide the empty spots, then show them when they have music.

Is this possible in Notion? I've not found anything in the menus or buttons that seems to do that.

While I'm at it: I'm a little pressed for memory on my iPad, so I haven't loaded many sounds. This is fine for the most part: I can deal with piano on most things in this compromised environment, and Notion is nice enough not to play the drums if it has no instrument. But a few things are irrritating. I notice guitar really sucks. How to turn off a particular instrument. Or I guess I can just delete the offending staff? Not sure how to do that.

TIA for any help.

Chuck Puckett
"Against stupidity the gods themselves strive in vain."
by vitaliyjoness on Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:52 am
write me in private, i'll help you

2 posts
Page 1 of 1