Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can one record in real-time using the on-screen piano keyboard, as you can in Garageband for example ? Or is this only for simple note enrty in step time mode ? And if so, does the on-screen keyboard accurately capture a real time performance ?

I ask by the way as I've read a few conflicting posts on boards. Some say yes, others no. Below is from the Presonus feature page.

Interactive piano keyboard, 24-fret guitar fretboard, and drum pad for step and real-time entry
https://www.presonus.com/products/Notio ... S/features

Thank you...

Studio One 5 Artist 5.2.0
Ampire XT Metal Pack Version: 1.0.0.7
Studio One Plug-In Support Version: 1.0.0.0

Notion 6 Version: 6.4.462

Dell XPS Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i5 540M @ 2.53GHz

Dell XPS 8300 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz
by stevegreen on Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 am
I've been interested in this too and made some tickets about it.
You can record in real time on iOS, (the ipad app) using keyboard or fretboard for input but it is not available on Notion 6 because they probably figured that you'd be more likely to have a midi instrument to hand.

On notion 6 however it is possible to adjust the fretboard strings in order to input notes at a wide range of pitch but on iOS you have to stick to normal string instrument tunings and so can't write for instruments that are outside that range, eg high woodwind.
I've done a feature request so that these features are available in the app as well as the desktop version if you wanted to support it.
steve
by kacktom on Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:57 am
Have you solved the problem? I tried it but it didn't work:|
by erinbloke1 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:00 pm
Let us know how this works out
by alexallya on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:05 am
Anyone here who found the solution?? Because i searched on many platforms , but not found any :(

5 posts
Page 1 of 1