Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Dear Forum,
How can I write jazz chords symbols in Notion for iPad. E.g. Am(#7)/G#

I just looked at Komp and it has a very nice system for entering chord symbols which would be perfect for Presonus to copy in a Notion update (unless it is already there and I just can’t find it)

Kind regards,
John
by christopherrussell on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:28 pm
There is more flexibility with the Mac/Win version, but you can create many chords using the chord tool. You highlight where you want the chord in the music (highlight the top staff note, if it is piano), then choose the chord tool, and then select the elements you want in your chord.

I don’t see #7 as an option, however.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by johnmacmillan on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 pm
Hi Christopher Russell,
Many thanks for your reply.
I am new to learning jazz and it occurred to me after I posted my message that a #7 is pretty strange and doesn’t make sense. If it was a sharp dominant 7th it would just repeat the root note. If it was a sharp major 7th it would be just written as #7th.
I’m transcribing an old page of sheet music into Notion and it has this strange chord (#7) which makes no sense to me.
I will ignore it.
Kind regards
Johnmak
by riotaylor on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:44 am
Hello, i am facing issue with my MacBook. It shows the Error code 924 I am unable to solve this issue. help me!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1