Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I had a situation where I went to delete a file on Notion (for iOS), but it opened instead, and when I went back to the main screen, I swiped left on that file...but then as it was deleting, that file went to the top of the page, and the file that moved to the position where that file was deleted...and now I cannot find that file anywhere or how to restore it.

As usual, this represents a cumulative three hours of work, saved on occasion throughout the process. If I have to recreate it all, okay...but there should be some kind of failsafe here, I'm hoping.

Chris

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by christopherrussell on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 pm
Okay. I found out how to do it, but it isn't straight forward.

To the Notion development team...an UNDO button should be on the front menu page. That would help.

The file is deleted, and does not show up as a hidden file or recently deleted file on iOS or the MacBook.

You have to go to iCloud.com, and go into the iCloud "app." There you click on your name, go to advanced, and then to recover lost files.

Scary. But I'm back not having lost a full evening of work. 100% my fault...but something that I am SURE will happen to others. This is how you save your bacon in this case...

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by harrytucker on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:09 am
I have the same problem now. iCloud deleted and I don't know what to do. Thanks for the information, you need to try.
by tombills on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:03 pm
I was facing the same error, I was unable to delete any file or install anything, regarding of that it was showing an error, Mac Error Code 43, I was facing many problems with it, but you can try what I tried, firstly tried reinstalling the software but after failing cleaned the time machine virtual disk, and then updated the software.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1