Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there any benefit of using an Ipad Pro with Notion?
Can i use a regular Ipad (no pro) and a pencil with notion?
Sorry for newbie question, ive never owned an ipad before.
At first i thought i needed the Ipad Pro to use notion, but thats not the case right?

Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz / Asus Prime X299-A / GeForce GTX 960 / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Fractal Design R5 Black Pearl / Fortron Hydro G 750W / Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 / Samsung M.2 NVMe 960 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB x 4 / 4TB HDD Storage / Windows 10 x64 / RME UFX / RME ADI-8 DS MKIII / [b]Presonus Studio One 5 Pro
/ Presonus Faderport 8 / Adam Audio A77X /[/b]
// Synthesizers.com / Moog Sub 37 / Octatrack / Analog 4 / Korg MS20m / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro / Logan SMII / Doepfer MAQ 16/3 / MacBook Pro 2015
by luisgutierrez1 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:17 pm
The Apple Pencil will only work with the iPad Pro. It will not work with other iPad models. You can use Notion with regular iPad, and you can find other styluses (styli?) that will work for you - just not the Apple Pencil.
by cammillar on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:46 am
I have it working beautifully on my iPad Air1 using an Adonit Jot Dash stylus. Great results
by jonathanorwig on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:21 am
The new iPad 9.7 (6th generation) is compatible with Apple Pencil, and so far I really like the results. I’ve just had a few moments to test it out, but it does seem to work very well. 8-)

Jonathan Orwig
http://www.evensongmusic.net
Composer, organist, church musician
Twin Cities area MN, USA
Dual Xeon Mac Pro (2x4 cores) 12gb
i7 PC 24gb for Hauptwerk
GPO, Composer Cloud
by stephenbish on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:12 am
jonathanorwig wroteThe new iPad 9.7 (6th generation) is compatible with Apple Pencil, and so far I really like the results. I’ve just had a few moments to test it out, but it does seem to work very well. 8-)

Glad to hear that as I have just bought both. Have had Notion 5 for a long time but never used it but like the idea of notation on iPad on a mic stand (guitar/vocal)
I was hoping to preserve hand written lyrics and notation but it seems it converts everything to print.
I was also thinking Notion for iPad would be a no brainer but on looking I have found very contrasting reviews. It is rather a pity that there is no demo of the program. I had assumed when i bought Notion 5 that the iPad version would just be an add on or extension rather than a seperate program. One of the biggest criticisms I have encountered is that it will not allow slurs or ties across bar lines. This, to me, is one of the main features I would want for notated music to be of any use at all when playing live. I would be very interested to hear how you are finding this program after a bit of time with it. Either your own experience or anyone else of course.
Cheers

Macbook Pro 2.6GH 16GB Ram
RM16
RME Babyface

5 posts
Page 1 of 1