Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I hope someone can help.

I'm having some trouble notating music in notion for iPad. It's all been going fine until bar 42 where I can't get it to input a dotted crotchet middle c. It keeps recognising it as an octave below. When I force it to be a middle c using the keyboard input and not the Apple pencil, once I write a subsequent note it drops the previous one an octave and then each subsequent note I write it drops the previous ones down yet another octave but only in that bar. Any ideas? I've tried deleting the bar and generating a new one but that doesn't work.

I play the flute so I don't have anything below middle c :-(
by andrewflack on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:38 pm
Hi - this does sound strange.

Is this occurring just in one particular score or on all scores?

Two possible workrounds to try:

1. Let it put the notes in and then transpose the notes up an octave.

2. Insert a new bar earlier in the score and then cut and paste to the proper location (then delete earlier new bar.)

Otherwise open a support ticket with PreSonus by tapping the "Feedback" button on the bottom left of the home screen. Their responses are usually quite prompt.
by helenwells on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:10 pm
It's the first time I've encountered it and it only appears to be that bar and all subsequent ones I write. Although I've pretty much given up as everything I write, notion seems intent on trying to think for me. This would be fine if it didn't completely balls it up.

I'll give the second a go. The problem with the first is that it's compounding the octave drops so not all the notes need transposing by the same number of octaves.

Failing that I'll try the help desk

Thanks !
by paoloberlanda on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 pm
Happens the same to me. Notion changes the notes of the previous chord apparently with no reason. I gave up and used Musescore :roll:

iPad Pro iOS11 with Apple Pencil
by helenwells on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am
Yeah I gave up and managed to get it to work on normal note entry using the pencil as a stylus. Bit pissed I had to pay £7 for the privilege of that actually.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1