Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to cause the last system on a page to fill to the page width? It looks strange to have four bars per system all down the page, but have the last line scrunched off to the left.

Speaking of systems: is there a way to set a default number of bars per system, so that I don’t need to insert breaks manually every four bars?
by trevorhanson on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:29 am
Duh, I see there is a way to constrain the number of bars per system, so I can have e.g. four bars per system. However I still don’t see how to make the last system fill the page if that option is not used.
by K16yle on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:04 am
I haven’t found a way to do this. Super annoying formatting issue.
by christopherrussell on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:25 pm
I just posted this on your other question. There's a hack...

Make an extra measure at the end, force that extra measure to the next page. Add an ending bar line.

You will end up with an extra page of music with one blank measure, but you can print selected pages (even as a PDF) without it.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by michaelstrasser on Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:55 pm
Dear Trevor,

in my opinion, this is the best way to complete the last page without an empty space:

Fill the last measure or some measures of the last system additionally with rests in eighths or sixteenths (you can do this in one empty measure of an instrument or in a second voice).
Now you can see, how the measure is widening. Then hide the inserted rests!

In general, this is a good method to stretch any measure...

Hopefully, I was able to help

Sincerely
Michael
by jeremysmith14 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am
Just posted about this in another thread. Screenshots included.

For Notion 6, go to View > Show Layout Handles (or Control + L). Little boxes will appear for each measure and system. Drag the boxes to have equal space for the system. The boxes on the left side of the system allow you to move the systems up and down.

Hope this helps!
Jeremy

Notion Layout Before.png

Notion Layout After.png

Jeremy E. Smith
Trombonist | Educator | Writer
http://www.lastrowmusic.com / http://www.jeremyesmith.com
by frankmcguire on Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:20 pm
jeremysmith14 wroteJust posted about this in another thread. Screenshots included.

For Notion 6, go to View > Show Layout Handles (or Control + L). Little boxes will appear for each measure and system. Drag the boxes to have equal space for the system. The boxes on the left side of the system allow you to move the systems up and down.

Hope this helps!
Jeremy

Notion Layout Before.png

Notion Layout After.png

Thank you!
by archersergeyev on Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:25 pm
michaelstrasser wroteDear Trevor,

in my opinion, this is the best way to complete the last page without an empty space:

Fill the last measure or some measures of the last system additionally with rests in eighths or sixteenths (you can do this in one empty measure of an instrument or in a second voice).
Now you can see, how the measure is widening. Then hide the inserted rests!

In general, this is a good method to stretch any measure...

Hopefully, I was able to help

Sincerely
Michael

Thanks for great explanation, it really works!
by jamesgreyy on Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:08 am
Guys, anyone got any way outs.
It is super frustrating to have this.
If there is any way to set default numbers then also it's okay but I need to set it.

A Student and a Writer at https://eduhelphub.com/college-essay-writing-service, the best Online Writing Service

9 posts
Page 1 of 1