Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm working on a collection of short pieces for guitar. One takes up a page plus four measures, and I want to move them so it all fits on one page. How can I move a measure to the previous system?
by K16yle on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:10 am
The system formatting is a little weird. You double tap on the measure in question, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the menu where it says “Measure #”. On iOS, you might need to look in the “More” sub menu to find the Measure # dropdown. Then either select “No Forced Break” or “ Force System Break”.
by christopherrussell on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:23 pm
And it's currently impossible to force a measure up a system (if you aren't already using system breaks) on iOS. On the Mac or Windows application, there is a layout tool, and you can use the "handles" on each measure to make measures smaller, which can then move a measure up.

But it usually isn't a pretty solution.

In my experience with Notion, it is better to move measures down or to force system breaks.

Also...Another hack is that the last measure system often stops mid-page, and I often want the same width on that last line as all other staff systems on the page, so I make an extra measure, force it to the next page, and then add an ending bar line.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by simondraheim on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:12 pm
it's currently impossible to force a measure up a system on iOS.
the impossible quiz

4 posts
Page 1 of 1