Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Working on some exercises where I need to enter the roman number for the chord, alongside the figured bass if it's an inversion. I don't think there is any way to do this, but thought I'd check. Is there a way to do this?
by composerman1 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:44 am
I have asked for this in the feature requests and so far, nothing. I think it would be very handy to have a harmonic analysis tool that could be used to generate figured bass. This would make things much easier when working on a full orchestral score and not having to scroll up and down, or zoom out to the point that you can hardly see the notes.

I found this free figured bass font, though I have not tried it yet. It may be useful with the text tool.

http://hindson.com.au/info/free/free-fo ... -download/

If you try it, let me know if it works.

Regards,

Troy
by christopherrussell on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:09 am
This for sure isn’t a feature of Notion for iOS, although you could put in Lyrics that would approximate figured bass. I64 with a font that showed an I with top bars, for example.

The other option would be to print as a PDF, get an iPad that recognizes Apple Pencil, and write them in yourself.

I’m not even sure the desktop version handles Figured Bass...

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele

3 posts
Page 1 of 1