Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of transcribing an old out of print piece of music. I'm using my iPad Pro but I can't get the press and hold menu to appear.

I'm using an Apple Pencil, have purchased the handwriting feature and I'm try to create a pickup bar. I've managed it in the past, but it's just not happening. Has this feature been suspended after the recent update if so when am I going to be able to make anacrusis' again? :reading: :roll: :?:
by guillaumeponcelet on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am
Hi,
I'm having the same issue, has anyone found an easy way to make a pickup bar?
Thanks a lot.
by stevetoone on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 pm
I've been able to select it by selecting the bar and holding the bar for a couple of seconds. Seems to have been resolved however tieing/phraselibe over a barline have stopped working now. Lol the poor guys in bug squashing have a hard road ahead.
by guillaumeponcelet on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:49 am
Thanks Steve, actually I have no problem doing that when I load the app and start working, but eventually it will stop working after a while, maybe because I use handwriting, I don't know... When this happen I have to quit the app and reload it to be able to use that function again.
And same issue here with the ties over a bar line. It's not working using handwriting.
by stevetoone on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:02 am
Hey Guilliame,

The support desk have confirmed the barline issue and they're working on a fix. I've never had an issue with the pickup bar stopping and use handwriting. Make sure the app is updated to 20.0.183. If you're still having issues it's worth putting a fault report in via the app store's app support link.

Hope things get sorted soon, and happy writing. I'm busy transcribing music for Brass Band at the moment. So much easier to do when I'm commuting on my iPad.

Steve
by stevetoone on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:38 pm
stevetoone wroteHey Guilliame,

The support desk have confirmed the barline issue and they're working on a fix. I've never had an issue with the pickup bar stopping and use handwriting. Make sure the app is updated to 20.0.183. If you're still having issues it's worth putting a fault report in via the app store's app support link.

Hope things get sorted soon, and happy writing. I'm busy transcribing music for Brass Band at the moment. So much easier to do when I'm commuting on my iPad.

Steve

Sorry, that should read, since the last update I’ve not had this issue.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1