Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I can't seem to figure out how to enter two notes played together but one of the notes is held longer than the other. So for example, I would like to enter a C and E played together but then the C should be entered as a quarter note and the E entered as an eighth note and then I will enter another eighth note that is connected to the E. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!
Pat
by andrewflack on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:57 am
Enter notes as two parts.

Make the upper eighth notes Part One: Bring up the note entry toolbar and make sure the doubled note icon is set to Part One (third icon from right on bottom row - upper note filled in.) Then enter your notes.

Make the lower quarter note Part Two: Use second icon from right on bottom (lower note filled in.) Then you should be able to enter the quarter note underneath.

Hope I've understood your question and that my answer is intelligible.

Andrew
by patrick cox on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:20 am
andrewflack wroteEnter notes as two parts.

Make the upper eighth notes Part One: Bring up the note entry toolbar and make sure the doubled note icon is set to Part One (third icon from right on bottom row - upper note filled in.) Then enter your notes.

Make the lower quarter note Part Two: Use second icon from right on bottom (lower note filled in.) Then you should be able to enter the quarter note underneath.

Hope I've understood your question and that my answer is intelligible.

Andrew

Great, that worked! Thanks!
by andrewflack on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:25 pm
Glad to have helped.
by sureshpatel2 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:17 am
Each note has to be associated with a different voice. If you were writing multiple parts on the same staff, instrument 1 would be voice 1 and instrument 2 would be voice 2 etc. so they can have independent durations. Situations occur where this is necessary for even a single instrument such as a piano or guitar where one note can be "held" while other notes are played.
by danielroy3 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:32 am
Each note has to be associated with a different voice. If you were writing multiple parts on the same staff, instrument 1 would be voice 1 and instrument 2 would be voice 2 etc. so they can have independent durations. Situations occur where this is necessary for even a single instrument such as a piano or guitar where one note can be "held" while other notes are played.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1