Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I’ve posted this before. The suggestions I received were addressed but the problem still persists. I am hoping someone can help me.

I'm up-to-date with Notion 2.0.164 on my iPad Air 2 (iOS 10.2.1). In the piece on which I'm working, the piano is playing its melody against a backdrop of strings which are playing a series of eighth-note chords. On their own, the strings sound in perfect sync. However, when the piano starts playing, it sounds like it's rushing the melody ahead of the strings part, making it sound like the strings are lagging. Looking at the score, the notes for all instruments are in alignment, so I can't figure out how to correct it.

I have no other apps running in the background while Notion is open. Several times, I tried completely shutting down and rebooting my iPad, then opening Notion. I even tried gradually slowing down the tempo from 120 to 90. With every tempo change, the strings insist on lagging behind the piano!

Can you help? Thank you in advance for your input.

I’m also trying to figure out how to submit my dilemna to PreSonus support for help, but the last time I tried, the website required a registration number. Fine. Where do I find it in my Notion iOS app?
by andrewflack on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:56 pm
Hi - I'm away from my iPad at the moment so I can't verify this on my copy of Notion but one thing does come to mind which I have experienced before.

Some string patches, particularly legato ones often have a slow attack envelope which means they don't reach their full tone immediately on the beat. I have come across this lagging string effect in my own work in various notation software when having the strings play against eg a piano.

In Sibelius for example, (and possibly in Notion for PC) you are able to move the string parts slightly forward in time which somewhat counteracts the effect but its not possible in the Notion app which good as it is cannot compete with the big boys on PC.

Hope this helps but if not, best wishes in your ongoing search.

Andrew
by simonpellerin on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:18 am
Hi, did you find out how to get a registration code to access support services for IOS apps? I do have the same problem.
Simon
by andrewflack on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:17 pm
At the bottom right of the opening screen for Notion (the Score List) there is a link named "feedback". Clicking on it brings up a message contact form. You could try that route to get an answer.

I can't remember how I registered my copy but I think I followed links on their website - but I certainly don't remember having a registration code.
by andrewflack on Tue May 02, 2017 10:49 am
There is a post elsewhere confirming that access to support is done via the feedback link on the bottom right of the home screen.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1