Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there.
I use the Google translator because my english is not enough to describe my problem. I hope this works well;)

I use "Notion" for IOS for notes for my drums.

I am looking for an option to customize notes individually. The notes for drums are unfortunately not uniform. I have learned a different form from "Notion" (Base Drum on the "D" instead of the "F" and Snare on the "H" instead of the "C"). I'm looking for a way to customize this in the app.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks
by jamalbee on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:56 am
Unfortunately, drum mapping isn't possible with notion...be it the app or the desktop version. Join the club ! We're a group of users who've been waiting for the feature since version 1. Have you tried importing a drum midi file ? It is even worse : notes are placed on ledger lines under the staff and don't have the correct symbols (cross for high hat for instance, etc.) !
by johnwall4 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:54 am
What are you all using to write out drum notation/music on your iPhone/iPads. I have Finale on my Mac, but I need something easy for the road. Any suggestions would be great.
by jamalbee on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:43 am
Hi,
On the ipad, I personnaly use DrumStudio by Rollerchimp : http://www.rollerchimp.com/drumstudio/
It is a drum tab editor.
I then export the drum tabs I created as a midi file (on the ipad, I usually open it with cubasis, it's a midi sequencer, not a notation programme).
I don't own Finale, so I can't tell how well it opens a drum midi file, but usually I get good results with Sibelius on my mac.
I hate to say this, but : don't ever use Notion (whatever version, ipad or desktop) to open a drum midi file. Notes will be placed on ledger lines beneath or above the staff with the wrong headnotes.

Symphony Pro manages drum midi files much better than Notion on the ipad...but Symphony Pro isn't user friendly and is not as visual and pleasant to use as Notion.

So you see the problem : we have to go through many third party apps and program before reverting to Notion. It's a real pain, a lot of time wasting... no drum mapping either.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1