Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
8 have recently purchased Notions for my iPad Pro and I cannot for the life of me find how one sets the key signature. If it is obvious excuse me, but I have looked and can't seem to find it. I am used to working with Finale, so maybe am looking in the wrong place, but this is very frustrating. I don't want to write everything in cmaj/Amin! :D Please help
Gwen
by SwitchBack on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 am
Edit (cogwheel) > score setup, and then for each part you can change the transposition. I haven't found a way yet to do it for all parts in one go (but I haven't looked hard either so it may be possible). :)
by andrewflack on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:48 am
Hi,

If you tap the toolbar on the fourth icon from the right (the one with a time signature and tempo setting) it brings up a further toolbar.
The top left icon of this has a three sharps symbol.
Tap on this to bring up a rolling dialogue of key signature options.
You can also use this to change key midway through a piece.

To transpose a whole piece double tap on a bar, tap "Select all" and then "More..." and then "Transpose..." This will bring up a Transposition dialogue with the option to change the key signature as well.

Hope this helps,
Andrew
by ronbets on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:51 pm
Thanks, I had exactly the same problem.

The first solution did not work for me (fourth icon from the right etc).

I had to use the second, i.e. select all, transpose key signature. It would be nice if there was an option to set key signature, tempo, and time when creating the score.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1