Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
This is my first time posting. I hope someone can help me. I'm up-to-date with Notion 2.0.164 but the problem persists. In the piece on which I'm working, the piano is playing its melody against a backdrop of strings which are playing a series of eighth-note chords. On their own, the strings sound in perfect sync. However, when the piano starts playing, it sounds like it's rushing the melody ahead of the strings part, making it sound like the strings are lagging. Looking at the score, the notes for all instruments are in alignment, so I can't figure out how to correct it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you for your help.
by christopherrussell on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:55 pm
It would be good to know what hardware you are using, as I would suspect an older iPad would not handle playback as well as newer models (my own iPad is nearly 2 years old and will be due to be upgraded at the next upgrade cycle).

I would also close any apps that are running in the background and leave Notion as the only app on top; I would also recommend closing everything and giving the iPad a clean reboot (turn off completely, restart, open Notion).

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by petermorra on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:26 pm
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I am running the latest version of the Notion iOS app on my iPad Air 2 with iOS 10.0.2 (not 10.2). I run only one app at a time and I HAVE shut the iPad off completely on several occasions. The problem still persists.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1