Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi.

Two questions.

What's the easiest way to deal with bars and systems in notion?

(See the attachment file)

What's the easiest way to fit the 4 bars into a single system? (Set every system to 4 bars its not an option as some of them need to fit 5 bars, others 3, etc.)

Right know dealing with systems has been the most annoying thing about notion but i might be missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Sorry about the quality of the image)

Attachments
IMG_0061.JPG
by christopherrussell on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:07 pm
You can set the number of measures in a system...settings, full score settings, measures per system, turn off Automatic.

The desktop version of Notion now has the ability to turn on layout handles which can be used to shorten or lengthen measures. I would expect to see that on the iOS version someday.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by alfonsocontreras2 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:45 pm
christopherrussell wroteYou can set the number of measures in a system...settings, full score settings, measures per system, turn off Automatic.

The desktop version of Notion now has the ability to turn on layout handles which can be used to shorten or lengthen measures. I would expect to see that on the iOS version someday.

That's exactly what I can't do , as I explain in my previous post set all systems to 4 bars it's not an option. (Some systems need to fit 5 bars, some 6 bars, etc.)

So... basically there's no way to simply select 4 bars (or any number of bars) and put them on a single system? Like on Sibelius or Finale (from the desktop).

Really unintuitive, you're basically fighting against the app to get the layout you want.

Thanks for your answer.
by christopherrussell on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:13 am
As I just posted, layout isn't a strength of the iOS app. The iOS app will recognize layout from the Mac/PC version; and you do have the limited ability to set measure length or to move a measure to another system.

Again, it is a $16 app that does amazing things, and there is nothing like it on any other mobile platform. It just isn't going to do everything--but don't let that stop you from putting in a feature request for better layout control.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele

4 posts
Page 1 of 1