Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I can't seem to find any info on this question in the manual or on this forum, so here I am.

I'm considering using Notion as a tool for note entry for as piece I'm working on for mallet instruments. Obviously this means I'll be writing a lot of chords. Using the ipad I find that chord entry works well with the on-screen piano for entering a single chord. If I wish it enter the same chord again at the next step at the same or at a different duration, I find that simply stepping ahead enters nothing (in spite of the piano keys still showing that they are still pressed down). This is very different (and not well thought out in my opinion) when compared to other step entry systems I've used. To enter the same chord I find that I must either copy and paste (tedious) or disengage all piano keys and re-engage (very tedious).

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get Notion to enter the same chord with each new step, based on the currently selected duration?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
by christopherrussell on Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:49 pm
I think you have to lift off the keys and press down again, creating a new MIDI event. If I am reading correctly, you are holding down and trying to move forward. I think you need to move forward and re-press the chord.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele

2 posts
Page 1 of 1