Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
17 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
an update for Notion for iOS is now live and available in the App Store. Over 70 fixes and features, including the ability to handwrite directly into the score area, handwriting fixes, two new languages (Italian and Korean) and much more.

Full details and changelist in the post here: http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/pres ... res-fixes/

-Chris

Product Manager - Notion
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
http://www.presonus.com/products/notation-software
by paulread on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:06 am
Updated this morning and the handwriting on the score does not appear to work at all. I'm on an iPad Pro with and Apple Pencil
by rickwaugh on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:23 am
It's working for me on an Air 2. However, I can't seem to enter ledger lines above the standard staff. I can enter them below.
by sebastiankatzer on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:24 am
Same here! iPad Pro and pencil. Handwriting horrible buggy
by ChrisS23 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:09 pm
Hi Rick - just responded on Fbook too. But zoom in a little for more accuracy with ledger lines.

Paul - it's working on an iPad Pro + Pencil here. If you have no joy, make a support ticket via your my.presonus.com account, and we can help you further.

Sebastien - we've added several improvements to handwriting in this update. If you could be more specific, then we can investigate and address any items for a future update.

Thanks all!
Chris

Product Manager - Notion
by rickwaugh on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:13 pm
Thanks, Chris. Zoomed in the max, and no go.
by cammillar on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:39 pm
Very unusable now on my iPad 4.

The previous version was working great. I was shouting the joys of Notion and the handwriting (using an Adonit Dash) was a dream come true.

Not now....

In the handwriting area, I can't write any ledger lines below the staff. In a piano bass staff, every note with a ledger line below the staff defaults to F.

Other note recognition is far worse than the previous version. Why?

Writing directly onto the score itself, the behaviour is even worse.

Just yesterday I was composing.... today I'm de-composing. Not good.

Why ruin a good thing? Was this version actually tested before being released?

I'm not going to buy an iPad Pro or Microsoft Version just to use Notion for iOS.

It was working beautifully yesterday on my iPad 4.
by ChrisS23 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:42 am
Hello Cammillar - we have ledger lines on piano bass line working here. But there may be something specific we are not doing that you guys are seeing - can you create a tech support ticket via my.presonus.com and we can work with you to try and replicate? (It could be anything from how the score is setup to the rhythms being entered).

In general there were many fixes to handwriting in this update. Can you be more specific when you say other note recognition is not working - is it just ledger lines?

Thanks
Chris

Product Manager - Notion
by cammillar on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:18 am
Hi, and will post a ticket.

But now, I can't replicate anything because after restoring my iPad from a backup (hoping I could've returned to the previous version) the Notion app tells me that I've never purchased the Handwriting and that I need to buy it.

Will I need to re-buy the extra sounds I have previously purchased as well? I sure hope not.

Extremely maddening, because all was going beautifully until the updated version.

Please advise.
by ChrisS23 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:30 am
No, providing you are signed in the with same Apple ID - when you hit purchase it'll check and unlock. Apple will never charge you twice for the same in-app purchase
-Chris

Product Manager - Notion
by cammillar on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:35 pm
Yes, thanks. The purchased sounds are back, and somehow the handwriting option has magically appeared when I opened my iOS Notion a few minutes ago.

Thank you. That's good to be back in the game.

But, still some handwriting problems.... I'll post a ticket with exact details about what's not appearing. (....don't worrry.... I'm not a crazy person!.... I'm pretty good at this stuff and try to solve any problems myself if I can by trying different stylus' or handwriting approaches in order to write music on the iPad 4.)

I'm patient, as the potential of what you guys are doing is fantastic. I'm already a convert from my previous notation software now that I'm really getting into Notion 6.
by ChrisS23 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:16 pm
Thanks for the info all and for the specific issues in the tech support tickets - there'll be a quick update (2.0.157) filtering through the App Store in the next few hours that should improve some of the handwriting issues noted above. Keep us posted!
-Chris

Product Manager - Notion
by sebastiankatzer on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 pm
Now it works! Thank you for the quick response and the update!

Update:
It's great to be able to write directly into the score now! But it's complicated to use the playback function, because the note input method has to be changed first.

Where can i submit a feature request for the iOS Version?
by cammillar on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:14 am
Have updated to 157.

Here are some of my experiences with an iPad 4.

1. In a new score, I will select handwriting option (using the handwriting window) and go to enter a note in measure 1. But upon entering the note, I get a 'sixteenth rest'.
If I go to measure 2 and enter a note there, it works. If I then select measure 1 again (finger and green selection bar) I am able to enter a note into measure 1 and it appears normally

2. Ledger lines in staves (either treble or bass in piano staff, or in a separate treble or bass staff).

On the top of a staff (either treble or bass) I can proceed to enter ledger lines normally.

On the bottom a staff (either treble or bass) no ledger lines appear. (... maybe in 1 out of 10 attempts). What normally happens is that the lowest space note appears instead of any lower ledger line note. Or, quite often, nothing appears at all

Note: I am using good stylus pressure, writing very carefully, and am ensuring that I'm using my most careful writing in regards to straight lines, having the stems connected to the body of the note, etc. etc.

Will send this as a 'ticket'.

Any others having similar experiences?
by alfonsocontreras2 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:00 pm
Issue introduced on version 2.0.156 that remained on 2.0.157 and 2.0.163:

Issue: iPad Pro 12.9, Apple Pencil , handwriting in the zoom area.

There's what I believe to be a bug using handwriting in the zoom area. I
can't write more than one bar at the time because if I write two bars (or
more) all but the last bar written are deleted automatically.

So much was corrected in the latest update but this issue remains.

Please don't tell me this is how it's supposed to work now, it's really annoying an unintuitive.
by joostkesselaar on Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:19 pm
That zoom area does not work and isnreally annoying.
Pleas fix it .We paid for it!
by cammillar on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:19 am
I've just done the latest update, and thank you!

The ledger line problems seemed to have been solved on my iPad 4.

All seems well using an Adonit JotPro stylus.

Back to using iOS Notion again!

17 posts
Page 1 of 1