Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have not been able to successfully enter slurs for stringed instruments. Sometimes a slur will appear, sometimes not. The procedure I use is to open the pallet that contains the slur icon, tap that icon so that it lights up, make sure the large pencil icon to the left of the speaker icon (lower left) is dark, then tap the beginning and ending notes of the slur. Usually nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Steve
by mikerosen on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:01 pm
Welcome to the forum.

I don't think it's you. I've found in the past that some taps are really sensitive as to where you are. When I played with this a bit, it seems that a tap towards the left edge of the notehead works, where if you tap directly on the notehead, it doesn't. You might have to zoom in to see the difference. Also, a stylus might let you be more precise than a fingertip.

Please try it out, and report back here. I'm curious to see if your results agree with mine.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!
by steveege on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:45 pm
Mike, you seem to have the answer. Touch the left part of the notehead, expanding to magnify as needed. If you are successful, an orange slur over the next note appears. Then touch the second note, and the slur will extend to that note. Thank you for your suggestion. For those reading this, be sure the LARGE pencil icon in the lower left of the screen is selected (when it is, it turns gray, the opposite of what you would expect).
by mikerosen on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:46 pm
OK, there's our answer!

Glad we got it figured out.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

by francescolerario on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 am
Which is the difference between entering slurs using the Selection tool or the Articulation tools.
Is there any difference in the playback?
Thank you
by mikerosen on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:26 am
I can't hear a difference. I guess the difference in application is your choice.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

6 posts
Page 1 of 1