Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
In barbershop music, it's cutomary to have the tenor lyrics, attached to layer one, above the staff, and the lead lyrics, attached to the layer two notes, below the staff.

(And the same for bari and bass, in the lower staff.)

Is there any way to do this in NiP?

The Attachment Position options don't work with lyrics, it appears.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!
by kinnamonr on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:14 pm
Unfortunately, I have not found a way to do it using the lyrics tool. However, you can put text above the staff for each a note and the results are acceptable. The text won't be horizontally even, and long syllables might appear too close to the next word, but in most cases the printout is acceptable.
by Kiwicomposer on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:15 am
This is a known issue and a feature request has been made in the l past for this issue..
At the moment the only way is to attach text to the tenor note .
Hopefully the issue will be addressed in a future release.

Note the same issue (inability to add lyrics above stave) exists in both the iPad and the Desktop versions of Notion and Progression. I am not sure if this has been added on this new forum. It was on the old forum site.
I suggest you go to the Feature Requests area and add a request for it to be added in a future version (if it is not already there). I for one would +1 it...

PS. glad to see other barbershop people are using Notion /Progression...

"Keep The Whole World Sing......."

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by mikerosen on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:01 am
Steve,
Done! Thanks for the support!

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1