Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all - when I bring in a midi file (I use Cubasis to generate the midi file, then "Open In" Notion), the imported file opens ok, but I cannot find a way to assign an instrument to the midi so I can hear the playback. I am sure there is a way.…

Thanks!
by mikerosen on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:44 pm
Kevin,
I don't do much with MIDI, so I may be a little unclear on the subject. I downloaded a MIDI file from the internet, and opened it in Notion. The tracks all had instruments assigned, and they played back properly.

I assume that your Cubase file had an instrument assigned, but it didn't show in Notion? What happens if you go to the score setup (tap the gear icon in the lower left, and choose "score setup”)? Is there an instrument showing? If there isn't, can you tap the right-pointing arrow, and "change instrument", and assign one?

If all else fails, try downloading a MIDI from the internet, and see if that works correctly. It may be something in your Cubase that's the problem.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!
by kevinweithman on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:40 am
Hi mikerosen - your hint did the trick! In Score Setup, yes, tapping on the blue arrow allowed me to select an instrument (and do any transposition necessary).

Thanks!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1