Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, everyone!

I recently composed a song and wanted to create a lead sheet using Notion on my iPad. The song I wrote is a song that repeats itself five times, and therefore has five verses, but Notion will only allow me to write four. Any idea how to extend that this to five verses?

Also, is there a way to number my verses? If I type in "1." and follow it with a space for my first word, it bounces me to the next note. My only solution is to have my first word look like this: "1.Great" (with no space between the period and the "G."

Thank you for your time, help and support!

Louis
by jonlaird2 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:20 am
You are correct that it does not allow for more than four verses. This is a huge shortcoming for me as I am a church musician and often deal with hymns with many stanzas.

However, there is a workaround which is effective but annoying. You can export your pieces as MusicXML, reopen in something like MuseScore (free), Notion for Mac/PC, or any other standard notation software, add the fifth (or more) verse, export as MusicXML again, and reopen in Notion for iPad.

An easier solution for the future (which would avoid the potential loss of information in the conversion process) would be to start in MuseScore or whatever to set up your score and add as many verses as you need. You don't have to type it all in, but just create the verses on the first note of the piece. Then export as MusicXML, open in Notion for iPad, and you will have as many verses as you set up.

If you have a bluetooth keyboard you can number verses with a space. Just do [alt]+space and it will insert a space without moving to the next syllable. If you don't have a separate keyboard, I'm not sure how to do it.
by louiscastano on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:18 pm
That's good to know! Thank you so much for all of that information and insight.

I, too am a church musician! :-)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1