Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi!

i'm trying to write out Rondo vivace by Wertmüller into Notion for Ipad.
everthihg goes fine upto measure 15. That has THREE lines of notes in the same measure. i'm afraid My knowledge of the correct musical expressions is too limited to explain what I mean. i figured out to enter upper and lower notes in the same measure, but how do I explain to Notion that i intend to enter a normal set of notes, and upper AND a lower group? When I use the notation tool either upper or lower is always lighted up so.. How to unselect it? Oh PS: please dont advise me to "just use the guitar to enter the chords/notes" because I dont play any instrument at all. Cant read notes either. (I'm a great singer though!)
i guess I sound silly now, LOL.Hope someone reads this and helps me out.

Thanks!

Paris
by mikerosen on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:24 pm
Welcome to the forum.

What you are asking for is more than two voices, or layers. Unfortunately, Notion for iPad can only handle two. Sorry.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!
by parispersiancat on Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:28 am
Hi Mike! Thanks, yes, that's what I meant. 3 voices in one measure. Darned expressions. LOL sorry for my ignorence. for classical guitar, it is not unusual to see 3 voices written in the same measure. Hubby is a classical guitarist and told me that's the normal way he expects his partiture to look like.
I figured a way around the problem by just adding another classical guitar to the score who's only job is to play the lower voice that I can not stick in the other measures. hope Notions' next update will solve this issue.

thanks for replying!

paris
by ianpollard on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:42 pm
I too have precisely this problem. As a classical guitarist I frequently need to add a third (or even fourth) voice. It is a great disappointment that despite all the myriad of other notational features Notate for iPad has, it cannot manage something this simple. I will just have to continue using Symphony Pro instead. :(
by parispersiancat on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:54 am
I resorted to using 3 guitars, but am very disappointed too. Thinking about buying sibelius
by mikerosen on Tue May 19, 2015 12:46 pm
UPDATE!

I just learned something, that may be of use to you guitarists. You can have 4 voices!

Select a measure and copy it. Select another measure, and from the menu bar, choose More..., and then, choose Paste Special. You have the option to paste into Voice 1, 2, 3, or 4!

So, if you start with 4 staves and enter your lines individually, you may be able to combine them into a single guitar staff.

It's not a perfect solution, but it might help.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!

6 posts
Page 1 of 1