Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I cannot figure out how to delete a measure. Worse, I have managed to get one meausre that has way more than 4 beats in it, and a bunch that have 8. I have the quarter note set to 90 beats all the way through. I have been deleting and adding bar lines, and seem to have ended up in a mess. It's almost as though deleting the bar line did not delete the measure, and even though it's blank, the beats are still there. If try to enter in more than 4 beats worth of notes, I get the red color that indicates that there is no room. But when I play the piece, it finishes my notes, then slowly skips over multiple beats where there should be none. I'm assuming deleting the measure wouldclear this up.
by mikerosen on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:57 pm
Rick,
Select the measure (purple bar). If it's multi-staff, select the stack. DELETE from the purple bar menu should do it.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!
by rickwaugh on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:33 pm
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to fix the problem. I have tried multiple times. I can actually delete the measure. But it's like it takes every single beat from all the measures I delete, and tacks them into the last one left. It's bizarre.

I filed a support ticket with Presonus. I have selected/deletected/cleared in various ways, various numbers of measures. My score, which I have been working on for a few weeks now, seems pretty much borked at this point, and the thought of having to start over makes me rather upset.
by mikerosen on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:44 pm
I must admit to being confused. It worked fine when I tried it.

Can you send me the file? wawoodman at aol dot com

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

by rickwaugh on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:17 pm
Sent it, Mike.
by rickwaugh on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:41 pm
Mike, Presonus fixed it. They are still not sure how it got messed up, they are reviewing.
by mikerosen on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:37 pm
Rick,
I never got the file. In any case, I'm glad they fixed it. I'd be interested in knowing what they come up with.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

7 posts
Page 1 of 1