Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello

How do you go about inputting beats for bass drums, snare, hihat etc. on a single staff, with the "drumset" as the instrument?

THanks
Rally
by mikerosen on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:38 am
Select the voice, notehead and duration, and enter the notes by tapping the pad.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!
by erikgroenhaug1 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:13 am
What then if the notes are of different lengths? the V1 - V4 does not seem to work when recording
by mikerosen on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:20 am
I don't know how much success you would have with recording. I'd suggest you stick with direct note entry, where you can manually control voice and noteheads.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!
by sanjokdangol on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:36 am
Oh.....thanks I was also confuse about the same condition.Thanks a lot for sharing with us.Its great work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You can try this also http://www.facebookbienvenue.com/
by jaspersquire on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:53 pm
My preferred method is entering the drum notes on staves using my finger or a stylus. I just dab the stylus on the stave until I hear the drum sound I want after having selected the note value.
I also use the selector which allows me to enter the kick drum on the lower part of the stave and the hi-hat, snare etc on the upper part of the stave.
It is quite painstaking but once I have done 1 or 2 bars, I copy and paste into new bars and make edits if necessary. I've written out drum parts to Cissy Strut and the Starsky and Hutch theme in this way - it did take a while but they sound great. I got the drum parts from charts off the Internet as I'm not a drummer.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1