Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
...they suddenly don't remain, just disappear. Is it some thing I said?
by christopherrussell on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:53 pm
I don't know where you are in terms of familiarity with iOS and troubleshooting, so I'll just add a few thoughts.

1) Close out of the app...and all apps. Double tap the home button and close every active app.

2) Shut down the iPad completely. Hold the power button until you see "Slide to Power Off." Do So.

3) Restart the iPad and the offending app (this happens to any number of apps from time to time).

As a teacher in a 1:1 school, and as a clinician and advisor to many music teachers across the country, it is amazing how many people don't close down apps when there are problems--and how many then fail to reboot their device.

I remember my Dell Axims and how many times PER HOUR I had to clear the memory of bad apps. It is amazing how well current devices handle these problems.

If you have done steps 1-3 above, make sure to e-mail support as they can get valuable feedback from you to fix the problem.

It has been a while since we have seen an update to Notion for iOS (December) as the Notion team has been understandably working on Notion 6. I would expect to see some updates in the coming months as iOS 10 is around the corner--and you know that some things that worked in iOS 9 will be broken in iOS 10 (often because Apple incorporates new APIs into the OS, which makes former "work arounds" no longer needed or necessary).

Rest assured...there are people at Notion (PreSonus) working on these programs and apps every day, and they appreciate your feedback!

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by wtsharpe on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:35 pm
When can we expect that iOS update? I'm experiencing the same difficulty as patrickbernring with the handwriting add-on, and I've tried closing all apps and rebooting the device but to no avail.

-- Tom
by christopherrussell on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:49 pm
I don't work for PreSonus, but considering the new Notion 6 just came out, it will be a while. I would expect a new version for iOS 10 compatibility without many new features. And again, make sure to reach out to customer support via e-mail as well.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by wtsharpe on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:37 pm
The iOS 10 update you mention may be just two days away. I've heard Apple is going to begin rolling it out on September 13. All my other apps are already rolling out updates so they'll be ready for it.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1