6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all!

I'm a little confused about how to apply external VST library (Spitfire BBCSO Discover) in a Notion score (not that the Notion sounds wouldn't be fine, but I would gladly use all the possibilities available...). I already found a custom ruleset for this, but I haven't figured out how to use external VSTi at all. :? Could someone explain it as simply as possible, please?

For example, I am on the Score Setup and I have enabled BBCSO in Plug-In directories. When I'm trying to change the Notion flute sound to the Spitfire equivalent, Notion adds an extra staff on the top of the score with the title BBC Symphony Orchestra AND the flute staff gets the violin sound of Spitfire, although I choose the flute sound with the BBCSO. So how can I simply choose the right orchestral instruments with the BBCSO and add them into Notion? Isn't there any MIDI channel list in Notion, where to clearly configure the plugin sounds?

Grateful for responses! :)

Roope Kivimaa

P.S. BTW, now I noticed that Notion always adds an extra staff with the violin sound when I try to edit the staff. Then I'll have the new "BBC staff" with the correct sound and I have to remove that extra staff... So basicly, I have to create every staff from the beginning and remove the extra staff. Sounds difficult!
by ennbr on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:43 am
Hope this helps

Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 6.18.52 AM.png
Open the Notion mixer and click on the top of the mixer channel with the name BBC Symphony this will open the BBCSO plugin
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 6.19.37 AM.png
Next click on the instrument list find your instrument and double click on it's name or press the Load button

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by roopekivimaa on Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:37 am
Thanks Bruce!

So I setup BBCSO with the Mixer, not Score Setup. Can I create the score with a Notion orchestra template though?
by michaelmyers1 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:47 pm
roopekivimaa wroteP.S. BTW, now I noticed that Notion always adds an extra staff with the violin sound when I try to edit the staff. Then I'll have the new "BBC staff" with the correct sound and I have to remove that extra staff... So basicly, I have to create every staff from the beginning and remove the extra staff. Sounds difficult!

To assign a new instrument to an existing Notion staff:

1. Click on the staff at the location where you want to change the instrument (the staff will turn green where you've selected it). If you want to replace the instrument for the entire song, click on the staff at the beginning.
2. Use the menu command Tools>Staff Settings to bring up the Change Instrument Dialog window.
3. In the drop-down list under the Instrument tab, Choose VST Instruments.
4. Find the Spitfire player and select that. Make sure it's selected in the right hand half of the window also.
5. Hit OK to close the dialog box to return to the editor and follow Bruce's instructions for changing to the correct instrument in the Spitfire Player.

You can use this process with a Notion template to get all your instruments assigned and then save it as a new template for future use. https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=25554&p=140703&hilit=templates#p140703

(Note: you can change instruments anywhere on a Notion staff by using the Tools>Change Instrument command and selecting the New Instrument button at the bottom. This way you could have a player switch instruments on the same staff (flute and piccolo are common examples). You can also assign different voices to play different instruments (ex: Horn 1 and 2 on the same staff play two separate instruments)).

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Sonoma 14.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6/Notion Mobile + Studio One 6 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by christiangirard on Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:57 am
Hi guys, I'm wandering how do you deal with the sampler.

I'm having a lot of glitches, my orchestra is only wood by 2. I have switch do BBC discover but it is somehow the same then with the pro version. I'm trying to play with all the audio set-up, but it does not change the situation.

I'm working with a Mac studio (M1 max) with 32 g of memory

any tips

merci

Christian
by acequantum on Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:36 pm
Hi,

Do you have an example of what your are trying to do and how you are doing it?

6 posts
Page 1 of 1