3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

It would be great if somebody could point me in the right direction her :)
For the last few weeks now I have been trying to get my Xsample library to work with Notions 5 custom rules. The problem is that once I shift to another technique like for exsample key slap or flutter tongue it doesn't want to stop. In other words the new technique, in this case multiphonics or just non-vib, just gets totaly ignored. I have tried this both with cc and keyswitch but with the same result. Support told me I had to use flags wich I also have done (as in the video on YouTube), but again to no avail. I am running out of ideas her. Does anyone have had the same problem or knows how to solve this?

I include my rules her, just so you get an idea.
Hope some one can help.

Attachments
Bass Clarinet KS w. main sound = non vib.prules
Notion 5 rules for the Xsample Bass Clarinet
(2.82 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
by johnnewberry on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:11 pm
jeroensmit wrote Support told me I had to use flags wich I also have done (as in the video on YouTube), but again to no avail.
I include my rules her, just so you get an idea.

jeroensmit, I was looking at the file you uploaded a little bit. I think your close.
Seems your rules are trying to do a lot as a starting point.
I've found that starting as simple as possible worked best for me.
In my case I chose to start with only one technique to keep it simple. "Fluttertongue".
It was then easier to test how it works.

Try "establishing" a working use of flags for only one technique.
I found it faster to learn and fix one thing at a time. And, that way more complexity easier to digest.

Start with a technique like "flut" (fluttertongue) which is usually negated by the "normale" technique.

,Newberry

:arrow:
by jamesbuhler on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:13 pm
In Kontakt, I found that I need to send a second keyswitch with velocity 0 after note on in order to get the keyswitch to turn off. So each command has two Actions: Keyswitch with velocity 80 (default) before note and Keyswitch with velocity 0 after note.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1