4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Dear Notion Team and Notion Users,

I have some harp libraries and I want them to behave like the VSL Harp for the glissandi :
with the VSL Harp (with the Notion Factory presets), when I want the harp to do a glissandi in a particular scale, I just have to set the harp tuning (with the shortcut shift + H) and write a glissandi on the score (shortcut : shift + G) and the harp automatically plays the glissandi with the correct note changes.

With my custom libraries (in Kontakt), when I write a glissandi, it playback a chromatic scale whether or not I set the Harp tuning. So it doesn’t behave properly for me at the moment.

How can I set the same feature as the VSL harp for my own libraries ? Maybe by writing a specific custom rule ?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated, it will help me integrate different libraries for this amazing Notion software and share it to the Notion Community !

Sincerely,

Matthieu Dulong

by luisgutierrez1 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:27 pm
The harp tuning diagram seems to work only with the Notion harp - strange - but my work-around has been to use the Notion harp preset, add all the techniques I need, including tuning diagrams, and then switch the instrument in the staff to the VST preset I want (in my case, VSL). The tuning "sticks" and will then still work with glissandi, etc. but with the preferred sound.
by matthieudulong on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 am
Thank you for your answer !

That seems to be a good workaround indeed ! I tried it by writing some notes and glissandi with different harp tunings with the Notion Harp preset and then switched to my Kontakt Instrument (using shift+I on the Notion Harp part to change the sound), but unfortunately it didn’t apply the right tunings.
Am I doing something wrong ? I tried to follow your « trick » but maybe I didn’t understood it well !

Thank you again for your input on this subject !

Matthieu Dulong

by luisgutierrez1 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:51 pm
Sorry for the delay in responding -

I don't change instruments using Shift+I, but rather once the harp part is all written out with the Notion Instruments harp, I click on Score Setup (top right of the control bar, next to the mixer icon) to open the score setup screen. Then I click the gear icon on the harp part and select the harp sound from whatever other VST I have loaded (in my case, VSL or Garritan).

So, in effect you're "tricking" Notion into thinking it's playing the Notion harp, while playing the sound from a different library.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1