4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I was wondering if any users who have had success getting Spitfire libraries to operate in Notion with custom rules might be able to help?

I am having a few issues with making a rule set. I did try to use other user's Rulesets as UACC is a universal system (I tried michaelmyers rule set which he kindly sent to me) - UACC is Universal and should work across libraries, but it didn't work unfortunately, despite Locking to UACC and the articulations beings on the same midi CC # in UACC.

So I have tried so many different methods now including switching via UACC, Midi Channels and I just can't get it to work! When switching via midi channels the issue I am having is that once I switch to say Pizzicato on Channel 8 - it remains on Pizz. (Channel 8) even if I change articulation to go back to say Sul Tasto (Ch. 5) in the next bar. It all seems to operate a bit randomly and inconsistently, as I thought I'd got it all working then the next day it didn't work.

I am unsure whether Notion is not sending the instructions correctly, or whether Kontakt it not receveiing them properly - or, and this seems most likely, I have the wrong settings in instrument palet.

Just to be clear, I have Locked articulations to UACC when attempting to switch between articulations using this method.

Any help you could give would be amazing - I love the sound of these libraries! If only I can get it to function properly I will further invest in them.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 4.25.37 pm.zip
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 379 times
Alt. Solo Strings Violin.prules
(2.89 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Exp 1 UACC.prules
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
by stevesteele1 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:30 pm
Hey Reuben

I replied to your PM. That should help. When I first tried using current Spitfire libs with Notion I had the same problem, but no more.

If not let me know and I'll get you something that does.

Steve Steele
stevesteele.com

Regards,
Steve Steele
http://www.stevesteele.com
(2) 2010 Mac Pros, 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Macintosh 1TB NVME, Radeon RX 580 8 GB - Specializing in Vienna Ensemble Pro template builds
by garylaw on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:59 pm
Steve, would you be able to enlighten me as you did Reuben? I've just begun trying to get to grips with my Spitfire libraries within Notion but am not having much success.

The author formerly known as GaryExo on the old forum.
by markcameron1 on Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:43 am
I have the exact same problem. Did anyone get the enlightened solution and would like to share.

Much appreciated !

Mark

4 posts
Page 1 of 1